Saturday, August 20, 2011

Google+ Success or Failure? Im not really sure...

OK. So remember all the hype surrounding Google+ ? I do. I remember when invites first went out and me running home from the beach to make sure I got one. Yes, I have no life... but besides that I was extremely happy to go on, but had no clue what to do. 

Google+ turned into that shiny object you stop in the middle of the street to stare at but don't approach for fear of the outcome. 

Some things I do know about Google+

1. Google+ passed 18 million users on July 20 - pretty neat I mean I only have 8 people in my circles but cool. 

2. At its peak in July, Google+ added more than 2 million users a day - What were they doing? I know I was just staring at my screen. 

This is what I find most interesting- 

3. The average visit time on Google+ was five minutes and 50. In comparison, users spent more than 21 minutes on Facebook. 

So at this point we have determined a whole bunch of people signed up, a whole bunch of people were going on it daily but were on it for a minimal amount of time. 

Think about it, if you were to stare at that shiny thing in the middle of the street for too long you would get hit by a car. 

Does that comparison work? I don't really know... 

One thing that I do find cool about Google+ is that you can edit your post after posting it unlike Facebook.

Also Circles are pretty neat, Hangouts are kind of creepy though. 

So you can share on Google+ all day, but is anyone paying attention? 

Let me know if your using it, what you like about it and is it worth even having. 

-Tom 

No comments:

Post a Comment